Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Southern Living Knows Best!

As an avid reader of Southern Living, I will say that each issue has more than a few ideas I love! Their December double issue however might have made its way into my heart forever! It was full of some of the best (and completely simple) ideas for the holidays! I'll share with you one I tried this morning.. it maybe took 20 minutes start to finish!

If you make the same dessert every year, and like me, you are wanting to dress it up a bit you need this recipe in your life! In all honesty, I can't even call it a recipe! I decided that along with the traditional cutout sugar cookies and Oreo balls (both recipes I will be posting later this week) that my mom and I make every year for Christmas, I was going to make a special cupcake (recipe from Southen Living as well). They had the easiest decoration idea and it's glam factor will be talked about for days!


They may not look like much here, rest assured when I finish baking the cupcakes I will show you just how fab these are! 

Making them is as simple as 1, 2, 3! 
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper, spread out your cookie cutters, and spray a little crisco on each one


2. Melt vanilla candy coating (bark) in a small sauce pan over low heat, this will take about 8 minutes


3. Fill cookie cutters with melted bark.. I had to use a small spoon to spread the bark into all the corners.. and put in freezer for about 5 minutes (or until they have hardened 


4. Clean away and excess from the outside of the cookie cutter and then pop the bark out! 

That's it! I put mine in the fridge after i took them out of the cookie cutter just to ensure they don't get melty with the oven on! 

These would be great on cupcakes, cakes, or even just as garnish for a sweet dip or cheese ball!

Enjoy!
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment